Friday 12 October 2012

Skulls and Skeletons!


Just uploaded some Halloween and Day of the Dead cards on to the website (www.cardsbysashika.com). The Day of the Dead is a Mexican celebration that takes place on the 1st of November. Family and friends gather to remember and honour their deceases loved ones. It's a joyous occasion with elaborate altars, traditional food, parades and decorations. One of the main symbols of the Day of the Dead is the skull, and decorated sugar skulls are commonly used to adorn altars.

 
I also made a few smaller cards which I thought would be perfect for invitations...
 
 
The image is simply an altered photograph but I think it's very effective!

2 comments:

  1. These cards for the Day of the Dead are amazing!I always love your work but these are by far my favourites. My Mexican husband now wants to send one to everyone we know- you can't ask for higher praise than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love sugar skulls! What a fab card

    Sharon
    xx

    ReplyDelete