Thursday 13 September 2012

Christmas Cards in September!

Apparently some people started making their Christmas cards in July! So, after having a little panic, I started mine yesterday. So here it is- my first Christmas card for 2012.


This gorgeous Poinsettia is a Penny Black Cling stamp. I stamped and embossed it using some white embossing powder. Have a closer look:


And here's another one that I'm very pleased with:

 
 
This lovely stamp is a Woodware stamp, and once again I stamped and embossed the image, this time using gold embossing powder. I paper pieced the Dove and used ivory sequins to create some texture. I hadn't tried this technique before, but I think it works quite well.
 
 

There's lots more on my website www.cardsbysashika.com See you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love the dove you created. The end result looks like inlaid Mother of Pearl. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sashika - WOW! Both of these cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors in the first one, and the sequins are such an awesome addition to the second! Great job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're off to a beautiful start with your holiday cards! The poinsettia is especially striking with the white embossing. Thanks for sharing thes with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Great start to the holiday cardmaking!! Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete